Johannesburg, 24 November 2014: Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Africa, has continued to demonstrate its leadership in creative, on-air and multimedia design by excelling at the 2014 PROMAX BDA Africa Awards in Johannesburg (21 November).
The multimedia entertainment powerhouse took home 14 awards at the annual ceremony, including 5 Gold awards and 9 Silver awards, spanning its music, kids and family, and comedy portfolio. Impressively, the network won “Best Sponsor Integration Spot” for the fourth year running, capturing both Gold and Silver awards in this category.
Music authority MTV Base (DStv Channel 322) won a remarkable 7 awards, including 2 awards for the MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) and 5 for its “Made of Black” campaign, created on behalf of Guinness.
Sister music channel MTV (DStv Channel 130) took home a Gold award for Best Interactive Promotion for the “MTV Video Music Awards 2014”: Call to Action.
Kids and family channel Nickelodeon (DStv Channel 305) won 4 awards for its inspirational kids’ science and maths campaign,Nickelodeon’s Genius, executed with Melrose. Nickelodeon bagged the gold awards for Best Children’s Promo and Best Sponsor/Brand Integration.
24-hour comedy channel Comedy Central (DStv Channel 122) won two Silver awards, for Best Program Title Sequence Design for “The Comedy Central Roast of Kenny Kunene”, and Best Use of Social Media for “The Fig”.
Commented Alex Okosi, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, VIMN Africa, “Creativity is the lifeblood of VIMN Africa and our channels, and we are fortunate to have a creative team whose vision, hard work and commitment has been recognized and rewarded so comprehensively by the PROMAX judges.”
VIMN Africa is home to Africa’s largest international portfolio of powerhouse entertainment brands, delivering 8 separate thematic channels including MTV, MTV Base, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Nicktoons BET International, Comedy Central and VH1 Classic.
- BEST PROMO ONLY USING PROGRAM FOOTAGE – MTV BASE GUINNESS MADE OF BLACK “AJUMA” (GOLD)
- BEST ON-AIR PROGRAM CAMPAIGN – MTV BASE GUINNESS MADE OF BLACK (GOLD)
- BEST ON-AIR PROGRAM CAMPAIGN – MTV AFRICA MUSIC AWARDS 2014 (SILVER)
- MAMA AFRICA AWARD – MTV BASE GUINNESS MADE OF BLACK “AJUMA” (SILVER)
- BEST ON AIR BRANDING DESIGN: MTV AFRICA MUSIC AWARDS 2014 ON-AIR PACKAGE (SILVER)
- BEST SPONSOR / BRAND INTEGRATION SPOT(S) – MTV BASE GUINNESS MADE OF BLACK “AJUMA” (SILVER)
- DSTV/MNET BEST EDITING – MTV BASE GUINNESS MADE OF BLACK OPENING SEQUENCE” (SILVER)
- BEST INTERACTIVE PROMOTION: MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS 2014 CALL TO ACTION (GOLD)
- BEST SPONSOR / BRAND INTEGRATION SPOT(S) – NICKELODEON GENIUS BROUGHT TO YOU BY MELROSE (GOLD)
- BEST CHILDREN’S PROMO – NICKELODEON GENIUS BROUGHT TO YOU BY MELROSE (GOLD)
- BEST USE OF TYPOGRAPHY – NICKELODEON’S GENIUS BROUGHT TO YOU BY MELROSE (SILVER)
- MOST OUTSTANDING DESIGN IN PROMOTION – NICKELODEON’S GENIUS BROUGHT TO YOU BY MELROSE (SILVER)
- BEST PROGRAM TITLE SEQUENCE DESIGN – THE COMEDY CENTRAL ROAST OF KENNY KUNENE (SILVER)
- BEST USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA – THE FIG (SILVER).